Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stereoblade (Written In Blood Vol.9)



Volume 9! It didn't take a lot of encouragement to venture deeper within the vaults of horror to dig out some more romantically macabre instrumentals. Stereoblade covers a wide swath of music in both style and era, but each song has a place in the annals of horror soundtracks. Hope you enjoy the final volume of Written In Blood as much as I did putting it together.

note: For the first time I've come across a theme I can't find a credited artist for! The Babysitter is from a made-for-tv-movie of the same name. There was a whole bunch of library source music used for this, those artists are easy to find, but the main title presents a fun internet challenge.

Stereoblade download:


8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks Nate!!! but... "the final volume??".. NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    The world (or just me) needs more Written in bloods.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks!
      Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll discover enough horror scores I overlooked to do a 10th volume, but I'm starting to feel like I emptied all the coffins in this cemetery ;)
      Glad you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for these collections. Please don't stop now! But if you do, mille grazie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you appreciate the mixes, Seamaster. I do have an electronic library comp up my sleeve, but it might be a little while until I get it finished.

      Delete
  3. What a great gift... I like Rob's work in Maniac too! Looking forward to seeing your next artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love Rob's palette of contemporary and analog sounds.
      This was the first volume that I created an original illustration for. The peacock lamp from Suspiria was fun to do!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so very much for posting this new volume. They are such remarkable collections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the mixes! It's nice to know people are appreciating these.

      Delete