Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Pyx (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)



Once The Pyx was released on a cleaned up DVD (not the horrible Hooker Cult Murders version) I was excited to finally rip a clean copy of the audio for the still unreleased soundtrack. It provides a unique listening experience with its eerie choral pieces and hidden gems of Karen Black's folk songs. I was sitting on this for a while, but after a few people requested a re-up of the vhs ripped soundtrack I decided it was time to get the digitally remastered copy out there. I guess we'll have to enjoy this until they unearth the original tape recordings. Thanks Karen!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Nate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough for this. This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys enjoy this little bootleg, which seems even more timely now that she's passed. Rest in peace, Karen Black.

    ReplyDelete